‘Creative Competition’ Art Hop Style!
Open Call to Artists – All work is welcome! – $500 prize!
Read Entry Details Below as Some Info Has Changed for Art Hop
The Space and Backspace Galleries Present:
The Creative Comp for Art Hop will include 24 hours of voting for your favorite piece of artwork from 5pm on Friday, September 5th through 5pm on Saturday, September 6th. The artist with the most votes will win $500, winner to be announced at 8pm on Saturday the 6th! Creative prizes for 2nd and 3rd. The exhibition will stay up through Saturday, September 20th.
There is no theme, or detailed submission process, simply show up during the specific drop off times with your artwork!
Art Hop Creative Competition Drop Off Details for Artists:
- Artists may drop off one piece of work, in any size and medium, that is ready to display on a pedestal or hang on the wall.
- Entry is $10 cash due at drop off and work must be labeled with the artist name, title, medium, and price on the back.
- Artist with the most votes during Art Hop will win $500!
- Drop off location is at 266 Pine Street, Burlington, in The Soda Plant,
(corner of Kilburn and Pine Streets, look for the spaceman mural!)
- Drop Off Dates and Times: Wednesday, August 20 through Saturday, August 23 from 12 – 5pm
& Wednesday, August 27 through Saturday, August 30 from 12 – 6pm
- The gallery will display the work during open viewing hours through September 20th.
- Pick up, September 20th – 27th during open hours of Wed – Sat from 12 – 5pm. To make other arrangements, notify us at drop off or by emailing email@example.com.
- Artists set the price of the work, keep in mind that if the work should sell during the exhibition, artists will receive a check for 60% of the set sale price, 30 days after the exhibit closes.
- Have fun! This show is huge and will take over both The Space and Backspace Galleries, garnering thousands of visitors, so bring us your best!
266 Pine Street, Suite 105 & 106
Burlington, VT 05401
Gallery Hours: Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 5pm
The Soda Plant Presents: ‘Heads Up, 7 Up!’
The Soda Plant has been home to wonderful group exhibitions for Art Hop and this year is no exception. Sign up or renew your membership to The Space Gallery and gain access to show in one of two areas in The Soda Plant Hallways; a portrait exhibition and dedicated wall space to display a vignette of up to 7 works of your art.
Submit your application online by August 30, first come first served until the show is full! Application form coming soon!
The Art of Horror
Deadline for entries Monday, Sept. 15, 2014 at midnight. This is a firm deadline.
The S.P.A.C.E. Gallery is looking for artwork for our annual Halloween show that best defines the “art of horror.” The work we are looking for will represent the beautiful side of decay, the finer points of blood letting, and that special something inside a depraved mind. Artwork should be thematically appropriate and must display a reasonable degree of skill and ability. We will accept 2-D, 3-D & Photography. The “Art of Horror” is a juried show. If you would rather not participate in the juried show, we would encourage you to share your spooky works in the Creative Competition for October, details to be posted above on September 1.
- Work must be ready to hang or install on a pedestal.
- All entries must be for sale.
- Up to five entries allowed per artist.
Please Note: If your work is chosen for the “Art of Horror”, there will be a $15 entry fee to be dropped off with your work. This fee allows us to pay for food and libations for a crowd, all marketing expenses, and the installation and removal of the show.