The Art of Horror
CALL FOR DARK ART!
The S.P.A.C.E. & Backspace Galleries
266 Pine Street, Suite 105 & 106
Burlington, VT 05401
Gallery Hours: Wednesday thru Saturday from 12 – 5pm
Deadline for entries Monday, Sept. 14, 2015 at midnight.
The S.P.A.C.E. & Backspace Galleries are looking for artwork for our Halloween show that best defines the “art of horror.” The work we are looking for will represent the beautiful side of decay, the finer points of bloodletting, and that special something inside a depraved mind. Artwork should be thematically appropriate and must display a reasonable degree of skill and ability. We will accept 2-D, 3-D & Photography. The “Art of Horror” is a juried show.
“The Art of Horror” Submission Guidelines:
- All entries must be for sale except for special circumstances (i.e performance art).
- Up to five entries allowed per artist.
- Work must be ready to hang on the wall or install on a pedestal. No exceptions.
Please Note: If your work is chosen for the “Art of Horror”, there will be a $15 entry fee. This fee allows us to pay for food and libations for a large crowd, all marketing expenses, and the installation and removal of the show.
The S.P.A.C.E. and Backspace Galleries reserve the right to use your name and images of your artwork for publicity purposes. Your entry into this exhibition constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this agreement.
Use our easy online form to submit your information and images of your work. Submit up to 5 images. IMPORTANT: name your files with your last name and title of work like this: “LASTNAME_TITLE”
Art of Horror Performance Art Submission
Please submit a proposal of performance art to be executed at the Friday, October 2nd opening party to Sarah Vogelsang-Card firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for dark, creepy and highly entertaining and/or conceptual acts to celebrate the Art of Horror.
Open Call to Artists – All work is welcome!
266 Pine Street, Suite 106
Burlington, VT 05401
Artists may submit one piece of work, regardless of size and medium, for an $8 entry fee and a chance to win big! All work will be shown during the month’s First Friday Art reception and viewers will vote on their favorites from 5 – 8pm. The artist with the most votes wins all of the entry fee money! Winner announcements at 8:30pm. This is a great chance to view a unique exhibit on a monthly basis or show a piece and gain feedback from your peers and meet new artists!
There is no theme, or detailed submission process, simply show up during the specific drop off times with your artwork!
Creative Competition Drop Off Details for Artists:
- Artists may drop off one piece of work, in any size and medium, that is ready to display on a pedestal or hang on the wall.
- Entry is $8 cash or check due at drop off and work must be labeled with the artist name, title, medium, and price on the back.
- Artist with the most votes wins all the entry fee money!
- Drop off location is at 266 Pine Street, Burlington, in The Soda Plant, (corner of Kilburn and Pine Streets, look for the spaceman mural!)
- Drop Off Dates and Times: Wednesday – Friday the week before First Friday Art Walk from 12 – 5pm. No entries will be accepted after 2pm First Friday.
- Pick up during the weeks following the closing of the exhibition, Wed – Sat from 12 – 5pm. To make other arrangements, notify us at drop off or by emailing email@example.com.
- Artists set the price of the work, keep in mind that if the work should sell during the exhibition, artists will receive a check for 60% of the set sale price, 30 – 45 days after the exhibit closes.
- Have fun!