Open Call to Artists
The Creative Competition is going strong at The Space Gallery! Artists may submit one piece of artwork, regardless of size and medium, for an $8 entry fee and a chance to win big! All work will be shown during the month’s First Friday Art reception and viewers will vote on their favorites from 5 – 8pm. The artist with the most votes wins all of the entry fee money! This is a great chance to view a unique exhibit on a monthly basis or show a piece and gain feedback from your peers and meet new artists.
There is no theme, or detailed submission process, simply show up during the drop off times with your artwork!
Creative Competition Drop Off Details for Artists:
- Artists may drop off one piece of work, in any size and medium, that is ready to display on a pedestal or hang on the wall.
- Entry is $8 cash due at drop off and work will be labeled with the artist name, title, medium, and price.
- Drop off location is at 266 Pine Street, Burlington, in The Soda Plant,
(corner of Kilburn and Pine Streets, look for the spaceman mural!)
- Drop Off times are during the week of First Friday Only: Wednesday from 12 – 6pm, Thursday from 12 – 6pm, First Friday from 9am – 2pm.
- The gallery will display the work during viewing hours for one week after the opening, through the following Saturday.
- Pick up on the following Saturday is from 12 – 5pm. To make other arrangements, notify us at drop off or by emailing email@example.com.
- Artists set the price of the work, keep in mind that if the work should sell during the exhibition, artists will receive a check for 70% of the set sale price, 30 days after the exhibit closes.
- Have fun! We are looking forward to seeing what you will bring in each month for the Creative Comp!
266 Pine Street, Suite 106
Burlington, VT 05401
Gallery Hours: Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 5pm
The Art of Horror
Deadline for entries Monday, Sept. 15, 2014 at midnight. This is a firm deadline.
The S.P.A.C.E. Gallery is looking for artwork for our annual Halloween show that best defines the “art of horror.” The work we are looking for will represent the beautiful side of decay, the finer points of blood letting, and that special something inside a depraved mind. Artwork should be thematically appropriate and must display a reasonable degree of skill and ability. We will accept 2-D, 3-D & Photography. The “Art of Horror” is a juried show.
- Open to all Vermont artists at least 18 years old.
- All entries must be for sale.
- Up to five entries allowed per artist.
Please Note: If your work is chosen for the “Art of Horror”, there will be a $15 entry fee to be dropped off with your work.